In the dead of Winter

I think my chickens are in love with me.  Real love.  They come out of their coop when I walk outside just to see me, they follow me around the yard, they stretch their necks up to get a better view of what's in my hand.  Well, not all the chickens.  Half of them.  Three to be exact.  The other 3 act like I'm about to have them for dinner.  They're almost 5 months old and are getting ready to lay eggs.  So I decided to get a head start by putting "fake eggs" in their nesting box.  Plastic easter eggs and a golf ball.  They're not the smartest animals on earth, so I think I may have successfully tricked them into thinking they should lay their eggs near these cool-looking ones that just appeared.

 The garden is looking beautiful, in it's winter glory.  I just harvest a few pounds of swiss chard.  The kale is next.  I'm working on my compost pile and hope to have the heap of food into nice black dirt by the Spring.  

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Nerina, with love

Summer Vacation 2008

My Wedding Day...