Date Night #1: Drive-in Movie Night


Mr. C and I have been together for a while and we love to have "date nights."  We try to go out, just the 2 of us, at least once a week.  Dinner, at least.  Every couple weeks we get our dancing shoes on and go to the nearest Blues bar and dance to the old-school R&B cover band...they're great, and we absolutely love to dance.   

The other week I had the bright idea of changing things up a bit.  Try to come up with creative things to do on our date nights.  This is a big city and I thought it would be fun to find ways to see it all...and do it all under $30.  So, Mr. C and I each had 5 sheets of blank paper to write 5 different date night ideas on it.  We put these 10 sheets in a jar and every week we would pull a sheet from the jar and plan a night based on what was written.

So, this week we went to see a movie...at a drive-in.  There are only 2 in the city, and I haven't been to a drive-in in a few years.  So, off we went.  I made popcorn at home, put a couple of drinks in my purse and headed out to see "Unstoppable."  The movie was pretty good, but we couldn't get our cuddle time in the car because they don't make bucket seats anymore.  So, we leaned back, holding hands, with the armrest/console in between us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Nerina, with love

Summer Vacation 2008

My Wedding Day...